This is a yummy vegetarian dish which looks great, and is super easy to make! It can either be used as a side dish, or a main (depending on how many you make!). What are the health benefits of lentils? Good source of protein (particularly for …
I love home-made pizza, as it is an easy way to get some extra veggies into the whole family. Also, kids and adults of all ages tend to love pizza! I have given you a really simple recipe here – but if you have the time (and energy!) you can make your own pizza base and pizza sauce. This tends to be my ‘quick and easy’ weeknight meal – so I just use store bought sauce and base. You can also add other veggies – such as mushrooms, onions, olives, shallots or top with rocket once cooked.
Whilst this recipe isn’t dairy free – I find that most people with a lactose intolerance can tolerate hard cheese occasionally. Otherwise, you can use vegan parmesan cheese to top this (I will post a recipe for this later).
Recipe: Gluten Free Veggie Packed Pizza
- Gluten Free Pizza Base
- Pizza sauce
- 1 zucchini (grated)
- 1/2 carrot (grated)
- 1/2 capsicum (grated)
- Either: Cooked Chicken or Ham (finely chopped)
- Grated tasty cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Spread pizza base evenly with pizza sauce
- Spread grated zucchini, carrot and capsicum evenly over base.
- Spread chicken or ham evenly over base
- Top with grated tasty cheese (amount depends on how cheesy you like your pizza!)
- Cook in oven for approximately 10-15 minutes (or until cheese is melted and base is slightly crunchy)
Note: If you like your base extra crunchy – its a good idea to pre-cook the base in the oven for about 5 minutes before adding the other toppings.