Nut Free “Seed” balls
These are a fantastic snack for school lunches, as they are nut free, but still full of protein from the sesame seeds and sunflower seeds. My kids have always loved these, and we keep a batch in the freezer for a quick snack at any time.
What are the benefits of seeds?
Seeds are high in fibre and good fats so they help to keep our blood sugar levels stable, and keep us feeling ‘full’ for longer (thereby assisting with weight loss). They are also a great source of protein and minerals and can help reduce the risk of heart disease.
Recipe: Nut Free “Seed” Balls
(Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan)
- 200g sesame seeds
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 250g raisins
- 1 teaspoon water (optional)
- desiccated coconut for rolling
- Place sesame seeds, sunflower seeds and raisins into food processor and process for a few minutes until mixture starts to clump together (it should start sticking together after a while to enable you to roll into balls).
- You may need to add a teaspoon of water and continue blending if the mixture doesn’t come together
- Once mixture is ‘sticky’ and starts to come together, roll into small balls
- Roll balls into desiccated coconut
- Store in fridge or freezer