Lime Matcha Bliss Balls
These Matcha Bliss Balls are packed full of antioxidants, and are delicious as a morning or afternoon snack.
What is Matcha Green Tea powder?
Matcha is a special type of powdered green tea. The green tea leaves are shaded from the sun for the last few weeks of their growth, increasing the chlorophyll content and creating a gorgeous green colour. Then, the leaves are carefully ground with stone grinding wheels to produce a fine powder.
The powder can then be used to brew an antioxidant rich frothy green tea or in recipes like smoothies or baking. Unlike other types of teas, the green tea powder is not strained out before consuming, so you are consuming the entire leaf. This means it is a powerhouse of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
Health benefits of Matcha Green Tea Powder
- Rich in antioxidants (over 5 times the antioxidants of any other food)
- Contains chlorophyll (which helps with detoxing )
- Contains certain minerals (including iron, calcium & potassium)
- Contains vitamins A, C, E and carotene
- Helps to burn calories (by increasing metabolism)
Recipe: Lime Matcha Bliss Balls
(GLUTEN FREE, DAIRY FREE, PALEO)
- 120g desiccated coconut
- 85g almond meal
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 3 tablespoons raw honey or rice malt syrup
- Finely grated zest and Juice of 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
- Extra desiccated coconut for rolling
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until it comes together.
- Add more ground almonds or coconut oil depending on if the mixture is too wet or too dry.
- Remove mix from food processor and place in a bowl in the fridge. Refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Once firm, roll into balls and coat with the extra desiccated coconut