Chocolate and Tahini Crackle Slice
This slice has a similar texture to the traditional ‘chocolate crackles’ but is much healthier!
What is Tahini?
Tahini is made from ground sesame seeds. It has a similar texture to peanut butter.
What are the health benefits of tahini?
- Good source of protein (20% protein by weight)
- Rich source of B vitamins to boost energy and brain function
- Good source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids
- Good source of calcium
- Rich in other minerals, such as magnesium, potassium, manganese, zinc and iron
Recipe: Chocolate & Tahini Crackle Slice
(DAIRY FREE, GLUTEN FREE, VEGAN)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup hulled tahini
- 1/3 cup rice malt syrup (or raw honey)
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- 2 cups puffed brown rice
- ½ cup dessicated coconut
- Melt coconut oil in saucepan
- Add tahini and rice malt syrup, and stir on low heat until combined
- Add cacao powder and stir until combined (then remove from heat).
- In a large bowl, mix together puffed rice and desiccated coconut.
- Add the melted coconut oil mixture and stir well to combine
- Press mixture firmly into a baking tray lined with baking paper (approximately 20cm x 20cm)
- Let it set in the fridge for approximately 2 hours.
- Cut into small pieces and store in the fridge.