Green Banana Flour Brownies
These taste way too good to be grain free! They have a rich chocolate flavour – and are perfect for when that chocolate craving hits.
What is green banana flour?
Banana flour is produced with green bananas that are peeled, chopped, dried and then ground. It is very high in resistant starch.
Benefits of resistant starch?
- Prebiotic (encourages growth of probiotic microbes in the gut)
- Helps to lower blood glucose levels & increase insulin sensitivity (good for diabetics)
- Assists in weight loss (leaves you fuller for longer)
- Promotes colon health
- Reduces cholesterol
Recipe: Green Banana Flour Brownies
(PALEO, GLUTEN FREE, DAIRY FREE)
- ¾ cup raw honey or pure maple syrup
- ¾ cup coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup green banana flour
- ¾ cup cacao powder
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- In a bowl, combine the honey and coconut oil (melt oil first if required).
- In a separate bowl, stir together the banana flour and cocoa powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the honey and coconut oil, and stir to combine.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat well.
- Pour the batter into a 9×13 inch baking pan, lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Allow brownies to cool slightly before slicing and serving.
Note: Be careful not to over-cook – check after 15 mins (they should be slightly ‘moist’ when you take it out).